And I started my own list. Then it just sat on my desktop. Up in the corner. Staring at me.
The idea was that I would add to it as my "Rhoda-isms" struck me.
Well. They have been really quiet lately.
Here's what I have:
- Do something nice, just because you can, not because you should. "The good you do today will often be forgotten. Do good anyway."
- If it is worth doing, it is worth doing to the best of your ability.
- Besides "always kissing me goodnight" please be sure to continue touching when you roll over to fall asleep.
- Cherish the little things, they add up to be the big things.
- An instant can change your life.
- Don't strive for perfection. Strive to be the best "you" possible!
- You can't always get what you want, and that's probably for the best.
- Spend time doing what you enjoy. Not because you think you should, but because you truly want to.
- Create beautiful things, because you can.
- Breathe, and know, that this too shall pass.
There are many more, I'm sure. But they are the type of deep thoughts that strike while I am driving. My "ah-ha" moment...and then it's gone when I park the car. No chance to write it down or make note of it.